Monday 24 February 2014

Cloudless Sulphur Butterfly Illustration

Hello! A long time and no posting I know!

Its been a very stressful and busy time for me for the past six months, but events have unfolded recently that means I'll have a bit of time on my hands to draw again.

I chose to draw a bright and colourful butterfly, the Cloudless Sulphur, because it is something I have wanted to do for a while now. I have a small collection of real taxidermy butterflies, and I wanted to recreate that through my illustration.



The actual illustration was made with colouring pencils on neutral paper. 


I then used an Ikea RIBBA box frame in white and suspended the illustration away from the paper. This particular piece is for sale, so feel free to email me or PM me on facebook for more information. In the future I'll be making prints of this butterfly to put into more box frames! 

No comments:

Post a Comment